If you are wondering about how to obtain Nepal visa, then the easiest way to obtain it is at the Tribhuvan International Airport Nepal upon your arrival in Nepal or else at the immigration entry point if you are entering through the border of India or Tibet.
Note: There are few countries namely Nigeria, Ghana, Afghanistan, Zimbabwe, Somalia, Cameroon, Swaziland, Iraq, Ethiopia, Liberia, Palestine, etc. People from these countries do not get visa from the immigration entry points of Nepal.)
What do you need to obtain Nepal visa?
If you are thinking of taking visa at the airport or immigration entry point, following are your requirements:
· A valid passport (The passport should have validity of at least six months)
· You should fill the application form for visa available at airport or immigration entry points.
· Two passport size photos
· Visa fees which should be paid in cash.
Entry points to Nepal
· Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu
· Eastern Nepal – Kakarvitta, Jhapa
· Central Nepal – Birjung, Parsa
· Northern Border – Kodari, Sindhupalchowk
· Western – Rupandehi (Belhiya, Bhairahawa)
· Mid-western – Banke (Jamuna, Nepalgunj)
· Far western – Kailali (Mohana, Dhangadhi) / Kanchanpur (Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar)
· USD 25 or equivalent convertible currency for 15 days.
· USD 40 or equivalent convertible currency for 30 days.
· USD 100 or equivalent convertible currency for 90 days.
· For the tourist of SAARC nationals, free visa up to 30 days.
· Visa is not required for Indian nationals. However, if they enter Nepal via air, they will have to show a valid identification certificate (passport/ citizenship certificate). The children under the age of 10 do not need to show identification certificate.
If you want to extend visa for 15 days or less, visa extension charge is USD 30 or equivalent convertible currency
If you want to extend the visa for more than 15 days, USD 2 will be charged per day after 15 days. However, the visa can be extended maximum up to 150 days in a visa year (Visa year refers to year starting January to December.)
When a foreigner has to get down at Nepalese airport as a result of his/her transit point or due to any force landing for whatever the reason, the foreigner can obtain transit visa for a day after paying US $ 5 or any other currency equivalent.
Other General Information
· Entering in to Nepal or staying in Nepal without a valid visa is illegal.
· Tourist visa can be obtained either through the Nepalese embassy or consulate or other mission offices in your nation or at the immigration entry points in Nepal listed above.
· Visa once issued cannot be amended and the visa fees are non-refundable.
· You should pay the Nepal visa fees in cash. Credit card or cheque are not acceptable.
· Visa charges are not applicable for children under 10 years of age, however, they must obtain a valid visa.
· If you are obtaining a new passport or travel document, you are advised to contact the Immigration Department for the document transfer.
· Always carry your passport and trekking permit while on trekking.
· Some of the areas are restricted for filming. Therefore, be careful not to do the activities that are strictly prohibited.
· The culture, tradition and sentiments of Nepalese people should be respected. Do not perform any activities that would hurt their sentiments.
· Do not perform any activities that would lead to moral turpitude.