Rara Lake Trek – 15 Days
Rara Lake Trek is a cultural and scenic adventure in Far North West around Jumla and Mugu district at Rara Lake, which is largest Lake in Nepal Himalaya of 10.8sq. kms)at an altitude 2,990 meter high, located within pristine environment, where few western trekkers venture due to its remoteness.
Adventure to Rara Lake Trek begins with scenic flight to Nepalgunj at Nepal Far South West around warm area at Nepalgunj city, and then taking another short flight to Jumla, a headquarter town of Jumla itself located far north west Nepal, as our walk leads to Mugu District as well.
Rara Lake protected by Rara National Park which is one of smallest park of the country, where altitude range from 1,800m to 4,048 m of pristine coniferous forest, blue pine, black juniper, Himalayan spruce, oak, Himalayan cypress and other related species.
This serene wilderness an ideal habitat for musk deer, other wildlife includes Himalayan black bear, leopard, goral, Himalayan Thar and wild boar, snow trout is the only fish species recorded in the deep serene Rara Lake Trek.
Resident Gallinaceous birds and migrant waterfowl are also quite commonly sighted around the lake area trekking in Himalaya.
This wonderful journey starting with a scenic flight to warm tropic at Nepalgunj city in Nepal’s Far South West, and then taking another sweeping flight to land in Jumla where our walk begins to Rara Lake visiting, the trail leads through interesting villages of Hindu Thakuri Malla and Tibetan influenced tribes with rich old traditions and custom, walk leads with amazing views of high snowcapped mountains.
After a nice great trekking reaching at Rara Lake with time to marvel its spectacular scenery and surrounding in complete wilderness with views of distant mountains, after an enjoyable time around Rara Lake our return journey heading back to Jumla via Pina 2,580m, Jhyari, Chauta 2,770 m over Ghurchi Lagna pass 3,460 m, the highest point of the journey, and then on downhill to Jumla via Tharamara 3,270 m high ridge for the flight back to Kathmandu through Nepalgunj, after a most mesmerizing and wonderful moment on Rara Lake trekking with great service and arrangement of Nepal Base Camp Trek.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & transfer by car / Van.
- All domestic flights and domestic airport taxes.
- 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast at 3*** hotel in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu city tour and all entry fees as per the above itinerary.
- Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with Tea & coffee and hot/cold filter water during the trek.
- 12 nights tented camp and hotel accommodation during the trek.
- 1 experienced helpful and friendly guide, 1 cook and 1 helper, porters (1 porter for 2 peoples), their food & accommodation, salary, equipment’s and insurance.
- Trekking Equipment’s (Tent, mattress, dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet tent, kitchen utensils etc.)
- All ground transportation by private car.
- Rara National Park Permit.
- All necessary permits.
- First Aid Medical kit box.
- Office Service charge.
- All Government Tax.
- Any meals in Kathmandu other than breakfast.
- You’re private Travel insurance.
- International air fare to and from Nepal.
- Nepal Tourist Visa fee.
- Items and expenses of personal nature.
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, internet.
- Personal Trekking equipment’s like sleeping bags, jackets (can be hired in KTM) etc.
- Emergency Evacuation (Helicopter Rescue).
- Any costs which arise due to a change of the itinerary, because of landslides, political disturbance, and strikes etc.
- Any other costs whatsoever, that is not mentioned in the cost included.
- Horse renting and additional porters during the trek due to natural calamities.
- Tips for guide, porters, driver…
Price per person